Logistics system, Palomino, Dominican Republic
The 11,200 m long tunnel was drilled using a hard rock double-shield tunnel boring machine (TBM) of Herrenknecht AG with 4,565 mm diameter.
For the transport of people, muck, segments etc., MSD delivered three complete trains incl. a hydraulic discharging unit and California switches.
- 12 segment wagons
- 9 flat wagons for material and pea gravel container transport
- 4 pea gravel containers with electrical take-off belt for emptying
- 3 passenger car
- 1 cable laying wagon
- 1 ventilation duct transport wagon
- 24 excavated spoil transport wagons
- 1 motor grouting wagon 3.5 m³ incl. injection pump and water-cooled diesel electricity generator with exhaust emission control system
- 1 hydraulic unloading unit incl. automatic train shunting system
- 1 California points
The wagons with gauge 750 mm are all completely equipped with spring-mounted axles, pneumatic braking systems, Willison couplings and wheels with 350 mm diameter.