Railway Tunnel, Perthus, Spain
MSD was awarded a contract to supply the complete rolling stock for construction of the 8 km long railway tunnel on the Spanish – French border near Perthus (Spain).
The technical equipment for transporting people, spoil, lining segments, cement, etc. will be deployed behind the Herrenknecht AG tunnel boring machine with a diameter of 9.9 m. In total, MSD delivered 4 complete trains to our customer, the Túnel del Perthus JV. We started to deliver the following equipment at the end of May 2005:
- 17 segment wagons
- 21 platform wagons with length of 10 m as the base for the pea gravel carrier, cement carrier, mortar carrier and passenger cars
- 4 transport and exchange platform wagons for the cement wagon
- 4 flat wagons for the passenger cars with a length of 7 m
- 12 cement carriers, capacity 13 m³
- 6 mortar carriers 8 m³ with electric drive, central lubrication and generating set
- 4 passenger cars for transporting up to 24 people each
- 3 cement carriers, capacity 5 m³
The wagons, with a track gauge of 1000 mm are all completely equipped with spring-mounted axles, pneumatic brake systems and "Willison" couplings 1". The maximum width of the wagons is 1,600 mm and the maximum height is 3,261 mm. The diameter of the wheels is 350 mm.